Skip to content
What you do...
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and mix thoroughly. Leave to cool.
- Bring the milk to the boil, and then whisk it into the roux. Bring to the boil once again, whisking to make sure it does not burn and it is smooth.
- Add the cheddar, beat in and remove from the heat.
- Add a dash of ale and mustard to the cheese sauce. Season well with salt and pepper and beat in the egg yolks.
- Spoon the mixture onto the slices of toast and grill until bubbling.
- Remove and serve with the chutney.