Macaroni & Cheese
prep 15 min
cook 25-30 min
What you need...
- 15g butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- A few sprigs of thyme, leaves stripped and stalks discarded
- 1 tbsp flour
- 500ml milk
- Salt and pepper
- 250g Cathedral City Mature
- 300g macaroni
- 20x20cm oven proof dish
What you do...
- Pre heat oven to 350F/180C/Gas 6
- Fill a large pan with water, add salt and bring to the boil.
- Add the butter to a deep pan and melt on a medium heat. When bubbling, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the thyme and fry for 1 minute, then toss in the flour.
Mix everything together then add the milk a little at a time, whisking until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add Cathedral City Mature and whisk into the mix.
- Toss the pasta into the boiling water and cook according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and pour the pasta into the cheese sauce and stir.
- Tip everything into the oven dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is crispy and golden. Serve straight away with a fresh green salad.
: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in D:\home\site\wwwroot\wp-content\themes\html5blank-stable\single.php
on line 90