prep 30 min
cook 25 min
What you need...
- 375g ready rolled puff pastry
- Plain flour
- 1 tbsp english mustard
- 100g Cathedral City Mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Baking tray
- Baking parchment
What you do...
- Preheat the oven to 200C/200F/Gas 6.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the pastry out, on a lightly floured work surface, into a large rectangle around 0.5cm thick.
- Turn the pastry so that the longest side is facing you, spread the mustard evenly on the pastry, sprinkle with Cathedral City and season with plenty of pepper.
- Cut the pastry into long strips. Carefully twist each piece of pastry 4 or 5 times so it looks like a curly straw, then place on the baking tray.
- Chill the straws in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Brush the straws with the beaten egg.
- Bake them for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is well risen and golden brown.
: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in D:\home\site\wwwroot\wp-content\themes\html5blank-stable\single.php
on line 90