Cheese and Paprika Muffins
prep 10 Minutes
cook 10 Minutes
What you need...
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of salt
- 3 slices streaky bacon, chopped, cooked and cooled
- 75g mature Cathedral City Mature chopped
- 50g unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 11/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
What you do...
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/400°F, gas Mark 6. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, paprika and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in the bacon and Cathedral City. Make a well in the centre. Mix together the egg, butter, mustard and milk. Add the dry ingredients and mix together briefly, until just combined.
- Fill muffin tin and bake for 8-10 minutes or until risen and golden. Serve warm or cooled.