Ham & Cheese French Toast
prep 10 min
cook 10 min
What you need...
- 2 eggs
- 115ml milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices thick white bread
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 slices ham
- 2 slices Cathedral City Extra Mature Cheddar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Shallow dish
- Baking tray
What you do...
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Put the eggs, milk, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully slice open one side of each slice of bread to form a pocket. Ensure that you leave 1 cm around the edges.
- Spread the mustard on one side of the pocket and place a slice of ham and Cathedral City inside.
- Put the stuffed bread into a shallow dish. Pour over the egg mixture and leave for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add half the olive oil to coat the base of the pan.
- Put each slice of bread into the pan and cook on one side for about 2 minutes until golden brown. Turn and cook on the other side for a further minute.
- Remove the bread from the pan and place on a baking tray. Put in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until the filling has melted.