prep 40 min
cook 10 min
What you need...
- 100g unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 100g plain flour, plus extra for flouring
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 heaped tsp mustard powder
- 50g Cathedral City Extra Mature Cheddar, finely grated
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Baking tray
- Cooling rack
- Biscuit cutter
- Cling film
What you do...
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Mix the butter and flour with the salt, Cayenne, mustard powder, Cathedral City and the Parmesan. It will eventually bind together without the need for egg or water. Wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a work surface and gently roll out the pastry to about 2 cm thick. Use a biscuit cutter to create the biscuits. Arrange them on a greased baking tray about 2cm apart.
- Brush the surface of each biscuit with the beaten egg and sprinkle over a little Parmesan. Bake for 10mins, or until golden brown.
- Carefully lift the biscuits off the tray and place on a rack to cool.